Dual Tailboom Strakes are the most cost-effective, multi-functional, value-added modification ever developed for single-rotor helicopters with enclosed tailbooms.b
They work by organizing and controlling rotorwash, reducing undesired sideways lift on the left side of the tailboom. By reducing turbulence under the tailboom, Dual Tailboom Strakes reduce tail rotor pedal reversals by up to 38 percent.
Fly with new levels of control and authority. Installing Dual Tailboom Strakes on your helicopter is an investment in safety, productivity and the one thing money can’t buy – peace of mind.
The main rotor of a helicopter accelerates as it goes around a curved tailboom. This accelerates airflow and results in increased pressure that acts against the boom, causing a force disadvantageous to controlling the helicopter. BLR Dual Tailboom Strakes provide unprecedented levels of stability, control and safety by reducing undesired lift.
Click below to download available performance charts. Please contact BLR directly for more information on those that are still under development.
- Bell 206A-Under Development
- Bell 206A-1-Under Development
- Bell 206B-Under Development
- Bell 206B-2-Under Development
- Bell 206B-3-Under Development
- OH-58A-Under Development
- OH-58C-Under Development
- OH-58D-Under Development
- Bell 206L-1-Under Development
- Bell 206L-3-Under Development
- Bell 206L-4-Under Development
- Agusta Bell 205-Under Development
- Agusta Bell 212-Under Development
Click to enlarge images below.