This modification consists of two tapered ventral fins known as strakes. Each strake is a two-part split design, and the rear-most portions are attached to the tailcone. This design allows for the largest possible surface area consistent with rotation angle ground clearance while maintaining ease of tailcone removal for maintenance and inspections.
- Improved directional stability during take-off, climb and landing
- Improved cabin ride during cruise flight
- Improved stability and handling at high angles of attack and low airspeed
- Reduced yaw with or without yaw damper engaged
- Reduced aft body drag with associated benefits
- Additional two knot reduction in Vmc
Installation kits are certified and in stock for immediate delivery.
Click to download available performance charts or contact BLR.
Click to enlarge images below.