Like most BLR products, Vortex Generators (VGs) are designed to optimize airflow – in this case over the wing of the aircraft on which they are installed.
VGs enhance performance by energizing airflow and spinning it into tiny vortices that travel over the wing and compress the boundary layer. All VG kits include small, highly engineered aluminum tabs that are attached to the wing aft of the leading edge in precise locations.
- Increases useful load (most models)
- Reduces Vmc below stall speed (most models)
- Increases aileron effectiveness in all flight regimes
- Shorter takeoffs and landings with steeper climbouts and approaches
- Decreased tire and brake wear
- Stall speed reductions of 7-21% (varies by model)
- Approved on Known-Ice aircraft
- No additional maintenance required
- Easy one-day installation
- No weight and balance change required
Certified kits are available for a range of single- and twin-engine aircraft.
Click below to download available performance charts. Please contact BLR directly for more information on those that are still under development.
de Havilland Beaver DHC-2 Mk 1
- de Havilland Beaver DHC-2 Mk 1-Under Development
Vortex Generators + Landing Gear Mods
When Vortex Generators are installed, a BLR landing gear modification will make the increase in gross takeoff weight more usable and improve the flying experience. Because the modification maximizes the VG-enabled performance gains, it is especially well suited for those who fly in remote areas with short runways.
Click to download available performance charts or contact BLR.
Click to enlarge images below.